Tuesday 29 April 2008

OGC Logo Blunder




What the logo was meant to do:
The logo, for the Office of Government Commerce, was intended to signify a bold commitment to the body’s aim of “improving value for money by driving up standards and capability in procurement”.

What the logo does do:
I don't think I really need to explain ......

Being a designer I can see how this can happen as your looking at a design for so long you don't even read it as words or letters any more. However I don't understand how a whole office of other creative and non creative people couldn't have spotted this one! It just shows how important it is to run your ideas past others and of course flip it 90 degrees just to check before you send it to print! (well I will be doing so from now on)

O well at least they invented a new 'smiley' OGC

very funny made me giggle!


I just found this:

not my normal blog material but just in case any one was having difficulty understanding!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/25/ogc_logo_picture/

No comments: